Because air conditioners tend to run hard during spring and summer in metro Phoenix, we’d like to share a few tips to help lessen the stress put on your AC’s operating system. Air conditioners can overheat when they work too hard and they must overcompensate when too much heat accumulates in the home. You can take action to help reduce the amount of internal heat generated in your home from taxing your AC operations.
LESSEN THE HEAT LOAD ON YOUR AC WITH THESE TIPS
- Check your attic and be sure there is proper insulation to keep your AC running efficiently to cool the home. To keep your home cooler and reduce utility bills, add insulation if needed.
- Keep windows and doors closed during the heat of the season.
- Use window coverings to block the harsh sun from heating the inside of the house.
- Operate electronics, lights, small appliances, stoves, dishwashers, washers and dryers only when you need them and during cooler times of the day. This helps reduce the amount of heat generated inside the home.
- Instead of using the stove all the time, use the outdoor grill instead. It’s a good way to reduce the indoor temperature.
- Commit to regular air conditioning maintenance, and have AC repairs handled quickly, and be sure to change your air filter monthly to keep your home cool and comfortable through the heat of the season.
We Know Comfort For Your Home and Business
Air Conditioning and Plumbing Services